100 Years of Distance Education
For over 100 years the University of Nebraska-Lincoln has been at the forefront of distance education initiatives. We are dedicated to our mission of developing and delivering quality education worldwide to a diverse student base for lifelong learning.
Programs delivered online are developed by UNL faculty and a team of Instructional Design professionals who understand the needs of students learning online. Many of the University's most popular on-campus programs and courses are transformed into high-quality distance learning experiences for students on campus and around the world.
Explore Your Options
Why You Should Earn a Degree from UNL Online
Congratulations on deciding to pursue a degree via distance technology. Through distance education you can earn your degree without relocating to campus. Whether for professional or personal enrichment, earning a masters or doctoral degree, or simply taking a few graduate level courses, UNL distance education can help you advance.
Why should you choose UNL to earn your degree? There are many reasons why UNL distance education is your best choice. Here are just a few:
- UNL is recognized as a leader in distance learning.
- UNL has been offering distance-delivered courses for more than 90 years, initially providing print-based courses for students in Nebraska. Today, UNL prepares, coordinates and delivers courses to students in throughout Nebraska, across the nation and around the world. In fact, UNL delivers a quality educational experience to students in all 93 Nebraska counties, all 50 states in the U.S. and more than 135 countries worldwide.
- A degree from UNL helps you advance professionally or personally.
- A degree helps you gain additional knowledge and skills that employers desire. Gaining further education in your career field — or increasing your knowledge in a field you want to move into — shows employers you have the drive to succeed in your chosen career path.
But a degree isn't just for professional advancement. Many of our students complete a degree program to fulfill personal goals or just to challenge themselves. Either way, our students find that distance courses challenge and satisfy their longing to learn.
- Distance classes fit your schedule.
- Taking classes from UNL is convenient. You can still work full-time and balance your personal life while earning your degree. Distance courses are delivered to homes and designated centers via UNL's distance technology — such as satellite, e-mail, Internet, CD-ROM and videoconferencing. Some degrees are even offered completely online, which means you can take classes anywhere, anytime.
- UNL is a nationally recognized university.
Recognized as a leading academic institution and a leader in the distance education field, UNL provides a quality education at an affordable price. UNL offers a wide variety of program options and course offerings taught by nationally respected faculty in their field. UNL is a member of the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI), a school accreditation and evaluation organization, as well as a member of the Council of Graduate Schools and the Midwestern Association of Graduate Schools. In addition, various colleges, schools, departments and programs within the University of Nebraska–Lincoln are accredited by their respective professional accrediting agencies (for example, architecture, business, engineering, journalism, nursing, psychology).