Graduate/Doctoral Level International Application Process
Application requirements and processes differ between majors and programs.
Most majors follow a 2-step process.
Step 1: Apply to the Office of Graduate Studies
- Submit the graduate studies application
- Pay the $50 application fee
- Upload a copy of all college/university official transcripts. Get transcript upload instructions and requirements.
- Verify your English Proficiency by providing your TOEFL or IELTS scores. Learn more about English proficiency requirements.
Review additional requirements for your major through the Graduate Studies Office.
Step 2: Apply to your Academic Department
View application and/or required materials under the Application Checklist and Deadlines section for department requirements for your major:
All online programs are available for international applications. The following programs are selected most often by international students.
- Agronomy (M.S.)
- Applied Science:
- Architecture: Interior Design (M.S.)
- Business Administration:
- Engineering: Engineering Management (M.E.M.)
- Entomology (M.S.)
- Family & Community Services (M.S.)
- German Language Education (M.A.)
- Human & Family Services Administration (M.S.)
- International Family Studies (M.S.)
- Journalism & Mass Communications: Integrated Media Communications, Media Studies or Professional Journalism (M.A.)
- Master of Arts for Teachers: Mathematics (M.A.T.)
- Space, Cyber and Telecommunications Law LL.M.
- Textiles, Merchandising & Fashion Design:
- Merchandising (M.S.)
Certificate programs are dependent on department requirements.
- Advanced Horticulture (Certificate)
- Business Analytics (MBA Certificate)
- Floriculture & Nursery Production Management (Certificate)
- Food Safety & Defense (Certificate)
- Grasslands Management (Certificate)
- Mixed Methods Research (Certificate)
- Ornamentals, Landscape & Turf (Certificate)
- Supply Chain Management (MBA Certificate)
As an international online-only student, you are NOT required to:
- obtain a UNL student ID (NU Card).
- submit your immunization records.
- submit the Financial Resource Certification (FRC) Form.
- complete the Visa Data Form.
- obtain a visa to enroll in courses.