How to Get Started
Online classes require frequent access to a computer, the internet and some applications. With the right tools, classes we teach online can offer you a flexible solution to complete your degree.
Each college/program has specific admission and application requirements.
It’s a partnership between UNL and your high school. Start by applying to become an advanced scholar through our online school.
Online certificate programs are perfect if you want to advance your career without pursuing a full undergraduate or graduate degree program.
Undergraduate & Minors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Science: Offered completely online it offers a wide variety of courses in agriculture and natural resources.
- Current On-campus Students: Register for online (semester-based) classes through MyRed when you register for on-campus classes.
- Business minor: Designed for non-business majors at UNL’s College of Business Administration.
Graduate and Doctoral Options
It’s a two-step process of applying to both the graduate studies office and the academic department of your specific program.
MyRED is UNL’s online course enrollment system. Once you’ve been admitted, you can begin the process to register for class.
Textbooks and materials can be found through our University Bookstore.
P: 402.472.7300 OR 800.735.6835
*You are not obligated to purchase your books from us.
Access your online course(s) through the university course management system (Blackboard) a few days prior to the start of the semester.
- Access course syllabi, announcements, grades and exams
- Submit assignments and projects
- Communicate with instructors and other students via announcements, discussions boards and real-time chats
If you do not have your Blackboard username and password, call the Computer Help Desk at 402.472.3970.