The University of Nebraska–Lincoln has been accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools since the association first started accrediting colleges and universities in 1913.
In addition, various colleges, schools, departments, and programs within the University of Nebraska–Lincoln are accredited by their respective professional accrediting agencies.
Top benefits for you to attend an accredited school:
- You can take advantage of federal financial aid.
- You can be admitted to a graduate or professional school.
- Credits earned will qualify to be transferred to another institution.
We’ve been delivering quality educational experiences for nearly 100 years. When you do something well, word spreads and it grows. We’re delivering online/distance education classes:
- To all 93 Nebraska counties.
- Throughout all 50 states in the U.S.
- To more than 135 countries worldwide.
Online & Distance Education
You'll receive a valuable education from an accredited university, instruction from the same expert faculty who teach on campus and the flexibility to earn your degree when it works best for you.
According to the Online Learning Consortium (formerly Sloan Consortium), the leading professional online learning society devoted to advancing quality e-Education learning:
- The 2012 Survey of Online Learning reveals that the number of students taking at least one online course has now surpassed 6.7 million. This is an increase of 570,000 students over the previous year.
- 32% of higher education students now take at least one course online.
- 77% of academic leaders rate the learning outcomes in online education as the same or superior to those in face-to-face.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is a proud member of the Big Ten Conference, a group of world-class academic institutions who share a common mission of research, graduate, professional & undergraduate teaching & public service.
We’ve pulled together a few of the stories of students and faculty in Online & Distance Education.