As an Advanced Scholars student, you'll experience a university course — with real university coursework and expectations.
- Select courses with the assistance of your high school counselor. Advisors in the UNL Exploratory and Pre-Professional Advising Center are also available to assist students with course selection. Call (402) 472-3605 and identify yourself as an Advanced Scholars student.
- Register for courses using MyRED.
- Order textbooks or other required materials at least one week prior to the start of class.
- Review the Advanced Scholars Academic Calendar to learn important deadlines and policies.
- Login to your course at My.UNL prior to the start of class. Become familiar with UNL's Blackboard system.
- Contact us if you need any assistance.
You receive your Blackboard username and password from the UNL Information Technology Services Computer Help Center by going to id.unl.edu/claim
For assistance, contact the UNL Information Technology Services Computer Help Center:
- Web: http://its.unl.edu/helpcenter
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 402.472.3970, toll-free 866.472.3970
Hours are open daily, 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Central Time.
Be ready to provide them your NUID and TrueYou password.
You should have access to your course(s) a couple of days before the start of the semester.
Login to Advanced Scholars courses at my.unl.edu.
My.UNL, also known as Blackboard, is UNL's online course management system. You can:
- Submit assignments and projects.
- Access course syllabi, announcements, grades and exams.
- Communicate with instructors and students via announcements, discussion boards and real-time chats.
The login page at my.unl.edu provides:
- How to log in.
- How to find your user name and password.
- A browser test to check that your computer browser settings are properly configured to use Blackboard.
- Blackboard tutorials to familiarize yourself with Blackboard.
Important Spring 2015 Dates!
- Application Deadline: January 8, 2015
- Open Registration: November 12 - January 11
- Classes Begin: January 12
- Late Registration: January 12 - 20
($25 late fee applied)