As an Advanced Scholars student, you'll experience a university course — with real university coursework and expectations.
- Select courses with the assistance of your high school counselor. Advisors in the UNL Exploratory and Pre-Professional Advising Center are also available to assist students with course selection. Call (402) 472-3605 and identify yourself as an Advanced Scholars student.
- Register for courses using MyRED.
- Order textbooks or other required materials at least one week prior to the start of class.
- Review the Advanced Scholars Academic Calendar to learn important deadlines and policies.
- Login to your course at My.UNL prior to the start of class. Become familiar with UNL's Blackboard system.
- Contact us if you need any assistance.
Students receive their Blackboard username and password from the UNL Information Technology Services Computer Help Center. If you need to get setup to use blackboard:
- Call the ITS Help Center at 402-472-3970
- Be ready to provide them your NUID and TrueYou password
Login to Advanced Scholars courses at my.unl.edu.
My.UNL, also known as Blackboard, is UNL's online course management system. You can:
- Submit assignments and projects.
- Access course syllabi, announcements, grades and exams.
- Communicate with instructors and students via announcements, discussion boards and real-time chats.
The login page at my.unl.edu provides:
- How to log in.
- How to find your user name and password.
- A browser test to check that your computer browser settings are properly configured to use Blackboard.
- Blackboard tutorials to familiarize yourself with Blackboard.
Important Fall 2014 Dates!
- Application Deadline: August 22, 2014
- Open Registration: April 16-August 24
- Classes Begin: August 25
- Late Registration: August 25-September 2
($25 late fee applied)