About the University of Nebraska–Lincoln

We connect renowned faculty and quality programs with students around the world. Our online and distance offerings include a variety of courses, certificates, master’s degrees and specializations all available through online study.

The University of Nebraska–Lincoln, chartered in 1869, is an educational institution of international stature.

  • UNL is listed by the Carnegie Foundation within the “Research Universities (very high research activity)” category.
  • We are a land-grant university and a member of the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU).
  • We are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
  • The same faculty who teach on-campus teach the courses online.
  • Online will NOT appear on your diploma or transcripts.

International students representing 108 countries made up 23% of our total graduate enrollment, according to our Fall 2013 census.

UNL Is A Top-Ranked University

In Fall 2013, for the 10th straight year, the University of Nebraska–Lincoln was among the top 50 public universities listed in the annual evaluation of America’s Best Colleges of U.S. News and World Report. UNL is ranked near the top 1/3 of all national universities both public and private.

  • U.S. News & World Report: Best Online Graduate Business Program, 2014
  • Princeton Review: Best Value Public University, 2014
  • Kiplinger's: Best Values in Public Colleges, 2015
  • Fiske Guide to Colleges: Best Buy Public Colleges, 2013-14
  • Washington Monthly: Best Bang for the Buck, 2013
  • U.S. Dept. Of Education College Scorecard: Low Costs, High Graduation Rate

View Online Programs For International Students

The Application Process

View instructions for applying as an international online student.

PLEASE NOTE: Acceptance and enrollment into an online program does not qualify you for an educational VISA.

Not Required

As an international online-only student, you are NOT required to:

  • obtain a UNL student ID (NU Card).
  • submit your immunization records.
  • submit the Financial Resource Certification (FRC) Form.
  • complete the Visa Data Form.
  • obtain a visa to enroll in courses.
Request More Information

* indicates a required field